Which Browser Plug-ins Do I Need to Listen?
We recommend having the latest version of Winamp to listen to 247PolkaHeaven.com. Click here to download Winamp. We also stream via Windows Media Player, iTunes and Quicktime.
For download information, click the corresponding link:
Windows Media Player | iTunes | Quicktime.
What are the minimum computer requirements to be able listen?
• PC with 500 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed
• 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended
• 1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.*
• Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
• Sound card and speakers or headphones
• 56 Kbps or higher-speed modem, or a network connection
• Windows XP or Windows 2000
• Media Player 9 or higher is required.
Maintenance Help for your computer
If you are experiencing problems connecting to or hearing 247PolkaHeaven or if your computer takes forever to do things, check out the tips below. They should be done regularly for good computer health and performance.
- TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES AND COOKIES: Delete temporary internet files and cookies. In your internet browser, you will see a menu with something like File - Edit - View - Bookmarks - Settings - etc.
Click these until you see Internet Options, and click on Internet Options. In the General Tab you should see a button to Delete Temporary Internet Files and Delete Cookies. Click each one and you will be clearing your computer of clutter. WEEKLY.
More Internet Explorer tips can be found at:
- EMAIL: Delete all old emails from Inbox Folder. Delete all emails from Deleted Emails Folder. Delete all emails from Sent Emails Folder. MONTHLY.
- DEFRAGMENT: Defragment your computer. Check your owners manual for Defrag or Defragment.
If you can't find it, try clicking the Start menu button, bottom left of your Windows computer. Then click All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup. You can check a box for each item: Recycle Bin, Temporary Files, etc., and then click and highlight each item. (A description will open and explain what is safe to delete. When in doubt, check your manual before you delete.) MONTHLY.
Now you will go back to the Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter. You should see an Analyze Button. Click on Analyze. The computer will do just that. In a short time a window will pop up telling you if you should defragment or not. If you have never defragmented, it will tell you to do so. (Depending on how long you have had your computer and if the hard drive has never been defragmented, this could take awhile. If you have had the computer a year and use it daily, it will likely take a couple of hours or more. If you have had the computer a couple of years, it will take even longer. It is best to not use your computer during this Disk Defragment. BI-MONTHLY.
If you have tried these steps and your computer is still not working, obviously there is another problem. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will try to help.
Windows Media Player Buffering Problems. If your internet connection is good and you selected the right stream for your connection, but 247PolkaHeaven comes on and then frequently goes off and repeats, buffering over and over again and, you might need to reset the buffering on your Windows Media Player.
- Click on the Windows Media Player Icon (Usually can be found on your desktop)
- In the top tool bar: Click Tools -> Options and then the Performance Tab.
- Check your connection speed and your network buffering.
- Connection Speed Click 'Detect Connection Speed (Recommended)‘
- Network Buffering - Click 'Use Default Buffering (Recommended)'
- Click Apply, and then OK.
Click the listen link to connect back to 247PolkaHeaven, and see if it is working. If you're still having buffering problems, go back to the Performance Tab and change the buffering. Click the buffer button and change the buffering to 5 seconds. Hit apply, and then OK. If that doesn’t work go back and change the buffering to 25 seconds. Hit apply, and then OK. The buffering for your computer should work somewhere between 5 and 25. If 25 doesn’t work, try 20, then 15, etc.
247PolkaHeaven is playing in slow-mo or fast-mo
- Open your Windows Media Player
- In upper tool bar, click on File.
- Then click Open URL
- Paste or type in: "mms://streamer1.webstream.net/24ph" and hit OK.
The stream should start to play. If not, try to paste or type in: "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx"
- In Windows, click on the Start menu button, bottom left of your Windows computer, and then "Run"
- Type "DXDIAG", and then click OK. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Click the Sound tab.
- Lower the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level down one notch.
- Close the window, and try the stream again.
If you still have problems with the stream playing fast/slow, go back and repeat steps 1 through 5. If you have tried these steps and it is still not working, obviously there is another problem. Feel free to email email@example.com, and I will try to help.
When I access the "Mono Stream for Dial-up, I hear a program other than polkas. What can I do?
Please call our studio at 440-942-9359 and describe to the studio engineer what you are hearing. They can help resolve the problem.
How Can I Make 247PolkaHeaven.com's Polkas & Waltzes Sound Best?
For the best sounding polkas and waltzes, your computer should have a high quality soundcard and high quality speakers that are at least 4 feet apart. We also recommend utilizing the latest version of Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes, or Quicktime.
Can I listen to 247PolkaHeaven on my Blackberry mobile device?
Yes! Just like with your computer, 247PolkaHeaven braodcasts for FREE; however, normal data service rates apply. 247PolkaHeaven is not be responsible for data usage charges. Before listening, we recommend that you check with your service provider to make sure that you have an unlimited data plan.
- Go to "Blackberry App World"
- Click on "Search"
- Type "Shoutcast"
- Hit "Enter"
- Scroll down and click on "TuneWiki"
- Click "Run"
- Choose a "User Name"
- Scroll down and click "Register Later"
- Scroll down and click "Internet Radio"
- Click on "Shoucast"
- Scroll down and click "Search Shoutcast Radio"
- Enter "247polka"
- Click "Ok"
- Click either the 128 kbps or 24kbps link
- Enjoy 247PolkaHeaven from anywhere!
Can I listen from a Mac Computer?
Yes, you can! To listen from a Mac, utilize the iTunes and Quicktime Stereo Streams or the iTunes and Quicktime Mono Streams; if 247PolkaHeaven.com does not begin playing automatically, simply double-click the icon that downloads on your desktop.